Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 for 21 Challenge: Day Fifteen. Unending Losses

I woke up this morning to read about another loss in the DS community.  A beautiful little girl, with a beautiful extra chromosome, was born in Idaho in May.  She, like so many, was born with a heart defect.  For four months, she lived a happy, healthy life.  In September, she began going into heart failure.  They performed surgery but she was unable to recover.  She passed away on Saturday, on Josiah's second birthday.

I wonder why some live, and some die.

My heart aches for the families who have said eternal goodbyes.

Today, like always, I am forever thankful for the lives of my children.  I am thankful for great doctors, good friends, and the best family a person could ask for.  I am thankful for this life I have been blessed to call my own.


RIP sweet angels.  Know that you are never forgotten.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment