Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Weight Gain and Rolling Over

We went to the pediatrician yesterday.  Josiah weighed in at 9lbs 7oz.  That's a 6oz weight gain in six days; 3oz in 2 days.  I was pleased.  The MD reminded me how much catching up Josiah has to do.  Despite knowing he's right, I felt discouraged.  We had a good week, Josiah gained 6oz, yet the focus seemed to be on how behind he is in regards to weight.  I'm trying very hard not to get too discouraged.  We'll go back in about two weeks for his next Synagis shot - he'll be weighed again then.

Josiah fell asleep early last night; it was about 8pm.  I put him in his crib.  We had Jesse and James in bed by 9pm.  Carl and I decided to crash early...we were both feeling very tired.  I woke up at 3:30 and decided to check on Josiah.  I crept quietly into his room.  Much to my shock, Josiah was lying on his tummy....sound asleep.  He had rolled over in his sleep!!!  He's never done that before.  I was leaping with excitement; it's another milestone.  I woke him at 4am for his next feeding; I thought eight hours had been long enough :) 

Josiah is doing well this morning.  He's had two great feedings with me.  He also took a 3oz bottle for Carl.  Like Jesse said, "At least you got a break from feeding him this morning, Mom."  How right he is.  I still don't love the fact that supplementation is needed, but I have no choice to accept it's reality.  I'll check in with KF today; she always gives me the encouragement needed - I am so thankful for her.

The older boys are headed to my parents house for an overnight.  Carl and I will have some much needed alone time (plus one baby).  We're looking forward to the relative peace.  We'll have most of the day tomorrow to ourselves, before the older boys return.  On Sunday, Jesse is having his friend over - his very first play date.  He is so excited!

It's going to be a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment