Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Tricks

Apparently, Josiah was listening to K and I on Monday.  We joked that Josiah would soon be rolling over from back to side.  We also predicted that, when it happened, he would pull both knees up to his chest and simply "fall" to the side.  Tuesday morning, as if to say he had been listening, he proved the prediction true.  He was playing in his playpen.  He lifted both legs into the air, pulled his knees up to his chest, and rolled to his right side.  As I tried to take a picture, he rolled onto his back (lol).  He did this repeatedly.  Now he seems to do so on purpose.  He seems amused by his new accomplishment.  I know we are.  What a great milestone he has reached.

Today, while sitting on my lap, he actually held his own head up for about 3 seconds.  He did so several times.  I know we still have a ways to go for him to gain full head control but, hey, it's a start.  He also laughed today.  It was a real laugh and it was the most precious sound in the world. 

Just when I thought he was falling into a predictable feeding schedule, he proved me wrong.  Last night, he went to bed at midnight.  Much to my despair, he woke up at 3:10am and didn't go back to sleep until 5:50am.  Today, he decided to "graze" as opposed to stick to his every-three-hour feedings.  I am sleep deprived and drained.  To make matters worse, I have a horrible cold.  I know it will all fall back into place.  In the meanwhile, I am just hoping for a solid five hours of sleep tonight :)

Playgroup was scheduled for tomorrow morning, but we're going to bypass it this week.  James and I are both battling a bad cold/cough and I certainly don't want to spread our germs around.  Hopefully I'll feel less wiped-out tomorrow and can accomplish something at home.

Friday, we will return to the cardiologist for Josiah's check up.  It's been five weeks since his open-heart surgery.  I'm praying all is well.....we have every reason to believe that it is.  I'm anxious to see his weight.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll start to see substantial weight gain soon.

Until tomorrow my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment