Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

72 Hours Post Surgery

Josiah had another great night.  He woke up twice for feedings (1am & 4:30am).  In addition to overnight feeds, he got another EKG, was weighed (4.19k), had a sponge bath, and his oxygen was removed.  After his busy night, he slept until 9am.

I am amazed by this little boy.  He looks incredible.  He is alert; his eyes are bright.  He somehow appears stronger. 

This morning, I was able to take him for a walk to radiology where he received a chest x-ray.  He did very well.  Then, he accompanied Mama down to the cafeteria for breakfast.  Afterwards, he had labs drawn and his pacing wires were removed.  Nothing is left except the simple heart and oxygenation monitors. 

Carl came to visit today.  Josiah was happy to see Daddy.  At 2:30pm, we took Josiah for another walk to the cafeteria for lunch.  Josiah enjoyed the change of scenery.  He fell asleep on the way back to the room.

Josiah has continued to eat well, which makes this Mama very happy.

Josiah is sleeping now.  Carl will be leaving for home soon.  I want to go home.  I want to take Josiah home.  I'm growing frustrated.  I miss the boys.  I can't wait to go home <3

No comments:

Post a Comment